Face-to-Face Digital Metrics & Google Analytics Course Manchester
Half Day – 10am-1pm
Marketing accountability, measurement and ROI have always been key topics for marketers but perhaps an area often neglected due to lack of knowledge or resource.
Digital Metrics and Analytics properly done will help marketers focus their spending on the areas of greater return.
The digital metrics and analytics masterclass course will cover all aspects of web analytics, social media monitoring as well as setting clear and measurable goals, smart objectives and KPI’s.
Digital marketing is of ever-increasing importance to all organisations and within an environment where return on investment is of increasing importance, all activity needs to be both evaluated and measured to monitor the effectiveness of activity.
This course will be very interactive and we will be doing lots of practical work such as auditing, reviewing, monitoring as well as testing out some great digital tools and their features.
Course aim: This course offers practical guide to ensure you are reaping the benefits from your internet marketing activity through efficient and effective campaign monitoring and planning.
Good metrics will enable you to move from “blind” metrics to becoming more intelligent about acquisition, retention and value as well as improving campaign success and ultimately increase your business profits.
We will use an array of digital marketing monitoring tools such as Google Analytics and other tools to monitor email marketing, blogging, social media, advertising – Your complete digital metrics tool kit!
3 key objectives;
- Assess a range of digital marketing research methodologies and techniques and their suitability for improving marketing performance against objectives
- Identify appropriate KPIs, reports and tools to review and improve digital marketing effectiveness in large, medium and small-sized enterprises
- Evaluate and improve results from investments in digital marketing using web analytics and social media monitoring techniques
Who should attend?
The course will suit anyone who is involved in digital marketing, either in-house or agency side. It is ideal to enhance knowledge of using digital metrics and analytics tools such as Google and web monitoring tools as well as social media monitoring software and tools available.
Suitable for all levels as we cover every aspect of planning and measuring internet marketing success for business – We cover all the principles of digital metrics, goals, objectives and KPI’s and how you can dramatically increase your campaigns through effective measurement and monitoring.
This is one of our masterclass courses so we aim to ensure all delegates have the ability to plan, set and measure digital metrics as well as set-up and use the actual analytical tools after the course.
Where is the course venue?
From January 2017 we will be hosting all Manchester courses in our NEW venue Business Consort, St James’s Buildings, 61-95 Oxford Street, Manchester M1 6EG
St James’ is an easily accessible destination in the heart of the city centre is located less than a five minute walk from Oxford Road train station, St Peters Square Metrolink stop and a number of NCP car parks. It is only a 10 minute walk from Piccadilly train station too.
Accreditation for CPD hours – This course has been accredited for CPD hours within the Chartered CPD Programme by the Chartered Institute of Marketing. You will receive a certificate after completing the course, which can be used as evidence for your CPD record card.
Includes refreshments, all course materials and unlimited post course support.
What you’ll learn;
- Relevant tools and concepts used in online marketing, in order to measure and monitor their impact
- Setting up and using Google Analytics and using other digital marketing monitoring tools
- Social media marketing monitoring to assess return on investment
- Setting up and monitoring your online sales lead funnel
- Monitoring your multi-channel marketing such as blogging, email marketing, advertising etc
- How to perform an audit to assess your digital marketing efforts
- Competitor analysis and benchmarking – Find out why they get more traffic than you!
- What to measure and how – Setting digital marketing metrics and goals
- Filtering out all the useless data and concentrating on what matters
- Aligning your goals to 3 success factors for your business
- Using a template to pull all of your data together to decipher in a meaningful way
- Methods and different approaches to gaining insight into the online landscape
- Assessing usability of your website and using analytics to improve conversion optimisation through usability
- Proven strategies and case studies – How monitoring and analytics can be used to improve your profits
- How to distinguish web analytics from social media monitoring and learn how to manage both functions in the short and long-term
- Essential points of managing insight and the techniques available
- Current and future roles of the elements of digital campaigns and describe the links between techniques
- How to analyse the way in which key performance indicators (KPIs) are used by organisations to improve performance in the digital environment
- Aspects of digital marketing that will influence your success – Identify your pitfalls and creating an action plan to carry out after the course
Course Trainer Dawn McGruer FRSA
This training course will be hosted by Dawn McGruer FRSA. Dawn is a strategic digital & social media marketing trainer, practitioner, consultant, author and blogger who has over 15 years experience in the digital marketing arena.
She is also the Director of Business Consort which was established in 2005 and has developed it into one of the world leading training organisations which is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing. With over 2 million subscribers Dawn has become a key influencer in this area and provides Social Media and Digital Marketing Training Courses including the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing.
She has trained 1000’s or organisations including some of the world’s largest Global brands across most industries.
Dawn has also just been invited to become a Fellow of the RSA – The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures & Commerce founded in 1754. This invite comes as recognition of her expertise in the field of social media marketing and her work to raise awareness of the advantages of social media to business owners.
Please bring laptops as the course is interactive