Business Consort – Digital & Social Media Academy are rapidly expanding and we are pleased to announce we are looking to recruit an additional member to our team – We are looking to hire a new team member to expand our team – We are looking to recruit a PA for Dawn McGruer MCIM FRSA MIoD our founder and head tutor. As Dawn travels most of her time she is looking for an Executive Personal Assistant to support her so she can free up more time to focus on training and mentoring students in their studies as well as building strategies for digital marketing clients.
Executive PA to Director (Cheshire Based)
£17 per hour (25-30 hours a week) flexible working hours available – home based!
Behind every company director you'll find an organised, efficient personal assistant.
This role is extremely varied and would suit a dynamic individual looking to work mainly from home as well as from our Cheshire, Manchester or London offices on occasion. You will also be required to attend regular meetings with Director as well as with suppliers and other members of the business.
As a personal assistant (PA) you will work closely with Director to provide administrative support, on a one-to-one basis. You will help make the best use of their time by dealing with secretarial and administrative tasks.
You will also manage our student services team so you will need extensive knowledge of the organisation to aid operational and customer service improvements. You will need to fully understand the organisation's aims and objectives to drive efficiency across the business.
Director will rely heavily on their PA, trusting that work will be handled efficiently in their absence. Discretion and confidentiality are therefore essential attributes for a successful PA.
Candidates MUST have previous experience and proven track record as a PA – minimum of 2 years' relevant experience.
Business Consort are a Chartered Institute of Marketing Accredited Digital Marketing Training Course and Qualification Provider – Established in 2005 – Training 3500 students a year worldwide and growing rapidly with a year-on-year revenue increase of 100%.
This role would require the right candidate to work under their own business on a monthly retainer basis.
- £17 per hour (25-30 hours a week)
- Home based
- Full training provided across IT, marketing and administration & operations
- Career development through certified and accredited training courses as well as opportunity of gaining professional worldwide qualification
- You will generally work from 10am to 3pm. It may be necessary to work overtime during peak times and when deadlines are close.
- Part-time work, flexible hours are all possible.
As a PA, you will often act as the manager's first point of contact with people from both inside and outside the organisation. Tasks are likely to include:
- devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filing;
- arranging travel, accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with the manager to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- screening phone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate;
- meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority;
- organising and maintaining diaries and making appointments;
- dealing with incoming email, post, often corresponding on behalf of the manager;
- carrying out background research and presenting findings;
- producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations;
- organising and attending meetings and ensuring the manager is well prepared for meetings;
- liaising with clients, suppliers and other staff.
In addition to supporting Director, their team and departments, PA will also have their own personal workload and responsibilities.
The scope of the PA's role can be extensive and additional duties may include:
- carrying out specific projects and research;
- responsibility for accounts and budgets;
- taking on some of the Director's responsibilities and working more closely with management;
- deputising for the Director, making decisions and delegating work to others in the manager's absence;
- being involved in decision-making processes.
- Recruiting and training junior staff and delegate some of the less demanding and confidential work to them.
Although this position is open to all graduates and those with a HND, a degree in business or management or Level 4 Diploma in Business and Administrative Management would be advantageous.
Applicants without a degree, HND or foundation degree will be accepted as personal qualities, experience and general office skills are considered more important.
IT experience is as absolute MUST – Applicants must be proficient in all office software packages such as Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel.
GCSE English and mathematics (or equivalent) are standard requirements.
A full clean UK manual driving licence (in your current UK address).
In addition to relevant experience and secretarial and administrative knowledge, you will need to show evidence of the following:
- exceptional written and oral communication skills;
- excellent word processing and IT skills essential, including knowledge of a range of software packages;
- the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- good organisational and time management skills;
- the ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work on your own initiative;
- honesty and reliability;
- attention to detail;
- flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines;
- discretion and an understanding of confidentiality issues.
- Shorthand and audio typing would be beneficial.
Training will take place mainly on the job. We will also provide an induction course, lasting a few days, to introduce you to the various areas of the business. We may also provide short courses in areas such as:
- word processing and database or spreadsheet software packages;
- industry procedures and business protocol;
- digital marketing courses or qualifications
- shorthand and effective minute taking.
There will be the opportunity to undertake part-time study while you are working.
continuing professional development (CPD) opportunities plus option to increase hours and responsibilities.
Applications to be emailed to Dawn McGruer (dawn@ followed by our web address) by 14th March 2017 – Must include CV and covering letter explaining your suitability for the role. Applicants must be based locally to Cheshire office as face-to-face meetings with Director are required several times a week. We will only consider applicants who can offer ongoing freelance services on retainer basis. Interviews will start week commencing 20th February 2017. We are very excited to receive your applications 🙂 and look forward to announcing our new team member very soon.