We offer 2 Digital Marketing Qualifications;
- Professional Diploma in Digital Marketing (Accredited by The Digital Marketing Institute) which is only available to study online as well as face-to-face over a 3-day fast track course in London or Manchester (covers 100% syllabus) – Assessed by Exam.
- CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing (Accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing) which is available to study online as well as blended fast track courses (covers 40% of the syllabus if you choose foundation for newer marketers or fast track which covers 60% of the syllabus for those with some experience – remaining studied online) – Assessed by Assignment.
Diploma in Digital Marketing
Developing your skills to undertake effective digital marketing. The dynamic qualification will provide you with the essential knowledge and skills you need to plan, implement and monitor effective digital marketing campaigns and contribute to operational marketing plans.
You’ll learn what digital marketing is about, including understanding the buzz words and main trends.
Not sure of the benefits for you or your employees in gaining a diploma in digital marketing?
You will receive a certificate after course completion for 35 CPD hours within The Chartered Institute of Marketing’s Chartered CPD Programme & your Diploma award upon achieving successful grades for your coursework.
Get a professional, academic & worldwide recognised qualification in as little as 12 weeks
The course covers;
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Types of online advertising
- E-mail marketing
- Viral marketing
- Online PR
- Affiliate marketing
- Social media
- Digital metrics
- Regulation and codes of practice
EXAMPLES of topics we will cover in video presentations supported by articles;
- The Anatomy of A Successful Digital Marketing Plan
- The Importance of Social Media And Doing It Right
- LinkedIn for Business Development
- Twitter for Business Development
- Social Media Fails & Digital Disasters
- 7 Steps to Social Media Success
- Why Content Is King
- How SEO Can Benefit Your Business
- Perfect Anatomy Of A Homepage
- Digital Marketing Strategy Infographic
Articles that may help you decide whether this is the right course for you;
- Essential Skills of A Digital Marketer
- A Day in the Life of An Internet Marketing Guru
- Bridging the Digital Skills Gap
- Plugging The Digital Skills Gap
- Why You or Your Employee/s Need a Digital Qualification
- Digital Marketing Salaries 2014
- Skills of A £100K Digital Marketer
- Diploma in Digital Marketing infographic
- The most sought after qualification of 2015
Digital marketing has evolved from a peripheral element of organisational marketing to one which is at the hub of customer-centric communications in an increasingly multi-channel environment.
The digital marketing course will ensure that you are equipped to deal with this shift and make the most of the new business opportunities on offer.
We are also extremely proud to announce that The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Business Consort Ltd for the excellent standard of results achieved.
Click to see 'Key points about the Diploma in Digital Marketing'
Key points to note about the Diploma in Digital Marketing:
• The diploma consists of 3 units at level 4
• All units are assessed by assignment – There are no exams
• We offer the course through online distance learning – start anytime as we have a rolling enrollment
• Cost is £849 + VAT (The CIM charge £2500)
• If you work in marketing communications, hold any degree or have a CIM level 2 or 3 certificate you can apply.
• If you have a relevant marketing qualification, you may receive an exemption of up to 50% of the course.
Check out the
- Digital Marketing Salaries to see what you could be earning by gaining a qualification in digital marketing
Click to see 'Course Tutor Details'
This training course will be hosted by Dawn McGruer FRSA. Dawn is a strategic digital & social media marketing trainer, practitioner, consultant, author and blogger who has over 15 years experience in the digital marketing arena.She is also the Director of Business Consort which was established in 2005 and has developed it into one of the world leading training organisations which is accredited by The Chartered Institute of Marketing.With over 4 million subscribers Dawn has become a key influencer in this area and provides Social Media and Digital Marketing Training Courses including the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing.She has trained 1000’s or organisations including some of the world’s largest Global brands across most industries.Dawn has also just been invited to become a Fellow of the RSA – The Royal Society for the encouragement of Arts, Manufactures & Commerce founded in 1754. This invite comes as recognition of her expertise in the field of social media marketing and her work to raise awareness of the advantages of social media to business owners.
Click for 'CAM Student Testimonials'
What our students say
Fast Track Digital Marketing Training (2-Day) London + Diploma Upgrade – Jill. H (November 2015)Really excellent 2 days, brilliantly structured with both strategy frameworks and practical tools. Dawn was a fantastic tutor who shared her extensive knowledge and expertise with warmth and humour. Has totally charged me up to do the Diploma. On Diploma in Digital Marketing (Online) – Micheal. B (March 2015)The perfect training solution – We have signed up our new digital marketing executive to the diploma course. His feedback of the course has been very positive. We’re delighted to find a training provider with such a vast range of courses and modules, we will be using business consort for further training to meet the growing needs of our business.Digital Marketing Fast Track London + Diploma Upgrade – Lauren.A (November 2015)This is my 3rd course with Dawn now and they are always excellent! This one in particular has opened my eyes to what is affecting the company I work for and how to improve them. I am continuing my studies with Dawn and doing to Diploma as well and I am confident with Dawn’s teaching I will be successful in doing so. I definitely recommend this course!
Fast Track Digital Marketing Training (2-Day) Manchester + Diploma Upgrade – Rachel.T (November 2015)Great value – fast paced delivery packed with practical tips and strategic insightI was looking for a course that had CIM accreditation and offered a decent amount of depth – I wanted more than a course that focused on automation, scheduling and tools. I wasn’t disappointed. Dawn was very credible and had an open and friendly delivery style and I got more than I expected from the day’s training.
Click to see 'Diploma in Digital Marketing FAQ's'
How will I learn?This course can be studied ONLINE or BLENDED – All you need is access to a computer – The sessions are available on demand 24/7!
How long will it take?
We suggest you allocate about 90 minutes a week for 12 weeks. The syllabus takes about 12 weeks to complete but you will need to allow another 12 weeks to research, read the books for the course and complete the assignments (coursework) – There are no exams.
What help & support will I get?
You have access to ask questions direct to your tutor through the on demand learning community as well as the ability to connect and network with other learners. In addition, you will be able to reach your tutor be phone from 9am – 5pm Mon to Fri (GMT) on 0800 334 5784 and contact via email too.
Why choose Business Consort as your Accredited Study Centre?
We have addressed the new need of busy individuals who want to further their learning but don’t have time to take out of their schedules by delivering the course fully online, through live online sessions and blended so you can learn through a method that suits you.
This delivery method also frees up our tutors time so she can spend more dedicated time with each individual to help them achieve their Diploma in Digital Marketing.
Plus we are by far the most cost-competitive option versus any other study centres or delivery method.
How much does it cost?
From only £649 + VAT and all course materials & course support are included. See the comparison table at the top of the page for the different prices for different learning methods.
Who is this for?
The new qualification is designed for those wanting to work in marketing or marketing professionals who want to specialise knowledge & understanding of what digital marketing is & how it relates to the marketing industry & turn that knowledge into successful marketing strategies.
No matter what your role in the company you will benefit from gaining insight into today’s digital arena.
How is the course structured?
The qualification comprises of the following 3 units & you will need to complete a written assessment for each one Digital Marketing Essentials Digital Marketing Planning Marketing and consumer behaviour
Who is the Diploma in Digital Marketing for?
- This qualification is designed for those who currently work in marketing or are seeking to enter the industry and want to gain more specialist knowledge of digital marketing.
- This diploma is ideal if you are developing and implementing digital marketing plans or working in an online team.
- It will teach you the essentials to understand fundamental digital planning concepts.
- But no matter what your role is in your company, you will benefit from gaining insight into today’s digital arena.
- Ideal if you want an invaluable asset for your CV and marketing career.
- Digital Marketing salaries for qualified marketers can start at £50K to £100K
Do I qualify?
Gain a professional qualification in 12 weeks
- Our course content has been produced to provide a fast track and intensive online learning experience for busy professionals.
- You will be expected to complete approximately 300 hours study for this level of qualification.
- This will consist of both personal study and guided learning with your tutor or online learning.
- We recommend 40hrs of Guided learning + 60hrs of personal study = 100hrs (ratio:1:1.5) per unit So as there are 3 units the total would be approximately = 300 hrs
- Your tutor will provide advice about how much time you should give to your online studies and for reading and personal study in your study plan call based on your experience and time available.
- It is hard to give precise guidelines because everyone is different, and the amount of personal study required, increases as you progress up the levels of the qualification, but the total amount of study time required should be considered.
- Based on our students we estimate a typical student with average experience to take 12 weeks to complete the syllabus and 12 weeks to complete the coursework based on you spending about 90 minutes a week on your studies.
- Our overall average is 16 weeks to complete the entire qualification.
- As soon as you enroll you can start the course straight away
- We will send you a welcome email and log in details for the learning community (there are no exams).
- You can choose when you want to submit your coursework to give you enough time if you are working full time – Submission dates are quarterly.
Diploma in Digital Marketing
Business Consort offer 2 ways to study;
We pride ourselves in being able to offer affordable & accessible training to gain a worldwide recognised, professional qualification accredited by the world’s largest marketing institution ‘The Chartered Institute of Marketing’
- Blended Fast Track – Foundation Digital Marketing Course £749 + VAT & Fast Track for more experienced attendees £849 + VAT (normally £1749 + VAT) for blended learning (2-day Fast Track digital marketing courses in our London, Manchester supported by further online studies)
- Online Distance Learning – £749 + VAT (normally £1549 + VAT) for the distance learning option which is delivered fully online (The CIM charge £2500)
Check our offers page for any special deals or promotions
Additional costs payable to The CIM
Assessment fees are £85 per unit (3 units in total).
- Digital Marketing Essentials £85
- Digital Marketing Planning £85
- Marketing and Consumer Behaviour £85
Please Note: If you are applying for exemption for Marketing Consumer Behaviour unit there is a £85 fee payable to The CIM to cover the costs of reviewing applications.
CIM membership – To study the qualification you are required to become a member of the CIM.
Your membership provides you with a wide range of benefits including access to marketing resources, studying and professional support, plus career enhancing opportunities such as the Chartered CPD Programme.
The simplest way to join is as an Affiliate which costs £144 (£100 if you live outside of the UK and Western Europe).
If you have a relevant marketing qualification, you may receive an exemption of up to 50% of the course.
This could mean, for example, that you would only need to study two units for the Diploma in Digital Marketing to achieve your qualification – meaning you will not have to submit coursework for the Marketing Consumer Behaviour unit.
Please note there is an £85 fee payable to cover the costs of reviewing an application and if approved recognising, accrediting and ratifying a unit from one qualification to another.
Please note only one exemption is available per qualification.
95% of UK employers see the CAM Diploma in Digital Marketing as the qualification to attain – Source: www.cim.co.uk
5 reasons to study the Diploma in Digital Marketing through with Business Consort
- We are the cheapest of the 20 study centres worldwide who offer the Diploma in Digital Marketing by at least 60%! (The CIM charge £2500! – we charge £849).
- We train from a practitioners point of view as we practice what we preach as a digital agency so have a far greater knowledge to offer businesses.
- We provide unlimited and personal course support through the community, live webinars, email, through our free phone number (you even get the course tutors mobile no.) – And support is offered outside working hours and over weekends too!
- Our student pass rate and grades are excellent – We are extremely proud to announce that The Awarding Body at The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) has commended Business Consort Ltd for the excellent standard of results achieved.
- Our method of teaching is through on the job learning and coursework can be used in students portfolio’s – 83% of our students have either gained a pay rise or promotion or found a new job in the digital marketing arena with average salaries reaching in excess of £50-100K
We offer 3 ways to study the Diploma- fully online or we have 2 x blended options which is online with face-to-face training.
Distance learning/online – You will study remotely through our online learning community which allows you to complete your qualification through intensive/online learning. £749 + VAT (normally £1549 + VAT)
This method is supported by prepared video tutorials, materials, guides, online resources, digital versions of reading list and direct contact with your course tutor through the learning community, email and phone.
You can study at your own pace, anytime & anywhere! Plus our downloadable App means you can study on the go and top up your learning when you have time to spare. The fully online instant access option is ideal for those who want to study at a time that suits them.
Or choose one of our Blended learning options – This option allows you to attend a 2-day either our Foundation (newer to digital with less experience) or Fast Track (has digital expertise) – £849 + VAT (normally £1749 + VAT) . All course materials are included as well as lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
The blended learning option offers the best of both worlds as you can access the learning community anytime you want and study at your own pace plus you are supported with fast track face to face sessions – A very popular option!
You can choose when you want to submit your coursework to give you enough time if you are working full time – Submission dates are quarterly.
What support will you get?
- In addition to your tutor support we host a Friday clinic so all students call the freephone or tutors mobile to talk through current campaigns at work and gain advice for areas of improvement as well as seeking help with coursework.
- We also provide senior examiner reports that review actual students work from previous submissions that highlight examples of good coursework as well as examples of what not to do.
- Plus we provide examples of our own past students work who gained A or B grades to see what your coursework should look like in terms of content (and referencing), format and layout.
- We also podcasts that cover each assignment from the examiners point of view whereby they explain exactly what they require you to do in great detail.
- Our average pass grade is a B and we have a 99% pass rate across all modules we put this down to our personal one-to-one support with students.
The qualification comprises the following 3 units;
Digital Marketing Essentials (10 credits) This unit aims to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge necessary in planning digital marketing campaigns within organisations.
Digital Marketing Planning (10 credits) This unit aims to provide students with the skills and knowledge to understand the fundamental digital marketing planning concepts for an organisation together with key factors involved with the implementation, measurement and evaluation of successful campaigns.
Online marketing has evolved from a peripheral element of organisational marketing to one that is at the hub of customer-centric communications in an increasingly multi-channel environment (e.g. Mobile).
Marketing and Consumer Behaviour (20 credits) (Exemptions are available for this unit from previous relevant marketing qualifications) This unit aims to provide candidates with the skills and knowledge necessary in managing marketing communications and brand support activities within organisations.
The unit explains the links between communications and marketing and provides knowledge of fundamental theories and techniques of research and consumer behaviour, and their application to marketing communications.
- Appraise different planning approaches and marketing environmental factors that influence online marketing activity
- Discuss key stages in online development using relevant business models
- Analyse the way in which the Internet has changed the marketing mix elements and how organisations employ them creatively in the digital environment
- Apply relevant tools and concepts to measure and monitor an annual online marketing plan
The syllabus & reading list contain a summary of each unit’s characteristics, learning outcomes and the mark weighting that has been allocated to each – a good indicator of how much time to spent on each topic.
The syllabus can be downloaded below.